Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pearson 4 Road Trip - 06/11 Niagara Falls

Aunt Carole's Journal:

Up and going.  We are getting ready to go on the BeDore tour....which is the tour of Niagara Falls.  Sounds like fun.  Have to be ready by 1:45pm for bus to pick us up.  Wonderful tour; worth every penny it cost.  Back at motel; really tired.  Glad we are staying another night.  Goodnight for me.

Debbie's comments:

I had a lazy morning.  I finished a book I had started on my Kindle.  It was nice to just take it easy this morning.  We didn't have to be ready for our "tour" until 1:45pm.....and the bus was picking us up at our motel.  Perfect.  Delma is trying to organize this motel room.  4 women in one room makes for an interesting situation.  We have 4 big suitcases; 4 small bags (to match our suitcases) and numerous "munchy" bags; not to mention sacks of souvenirs we've gathered along the way.  I'm sure the cleaning lady will just lose it when she comes in today.

We need to make a Walmart run, so we head out.  I want some Dramamine before I get on the 'Maid of the Mist' boat.....just to be sure.  We then had lunch at Chili's before heading back to the motel to get ready for the tour bus.

Waiting on the bus:



The bus picks us up at 1:45pm....we are the first ones picked up.  We wind up with a bus load.  Nice tour guide.  Very knowledgeable about the history of the Falls.  We go the Whirlpool first.  Amazing:



Then off to the American Falls and the Maid of the Mist boat trip.  We were given blue ponchos and knew we were going to get wet.  My main concern was how to take great pictures AND keep my camera dry.  Hey, I knew those ice bucket liners would come in handy for something.  Worked like a charm.  Here are a few pics:



That was fantastic.  We then loaded up, stopped at a little gift shop, then drove on to the Cave of the Wind.  This is a 3-level observation deck that allows you to get "up and personal" with the American Falls.






We wrapped up the tour around 7:00ish (got back to our motel).  Delma and I took the last 2 loads of clothes to a laundry we found and wrapped that up for the day.  I have 3 sleeping women in this room while I finish this last blog.  We will get up and head out in the morning for the next leg of this adventure -- Chicago.  From there, we will be heading to Colorado Springs via Iowa and Nebraska.  We decided we have too much road to cover between now and Friday afternoon (when Kyce gets off work) to hit Mt Rushmore, so that's out this trip.  Delma said there is a town in Nebraska (Valentine) that has the most millionaires per capital in the U.S.  Maybe she said world.  Anyway, we might just have to check that out.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment